Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Challenge #133 - Anything Goes

Hello, friends!  I apologize for this post being late.  My life is a bit crazy right now as my Dad is in his final days (maybe weeks) of life.  I took a weekend trip to see him, and I hope to get back again before he's gone to be with the Lord.  I am truly sorry that I've been late with my post, and not making comments as usual.  Please know that I appreciate you all SO MUCH, and our entire team thanks you for playing along in our challenges.

This week's verse is Psalm 18:46 and it really speaks to me right now.  I often wonder how people get through life's struggles without the Lord in their lives.  Jesus Christ is ALIVE, and He is my ROCK, and I will continue to EXALT His holy and precious name in ANY circumstance.  I pray that you all have this same peace in your hearts.  This is what separates Christianity from all other religions or cults.  We serve a LIVING Savior, and He wants so desperately to be the ROCK that you lean on in times of trouble.  He also loves to hear you exalt His name, and call out to praise Him.  Life will always have its struggles for each of us, but God is faithful; and because HE IS ALIVE, it allows Him to be that solid ROCK on whom we can lean.  He will hold us up when we feel like we can't stand on our own.  I don't know about you, but I couldn't possibly get through life without leaning on that rock.  I know that my Dad, along with the loved ones you have either lost, or are possibly even dealing with now, NEED THAT ROCK.  It's alright to talk about death.  There's nothing to fear when a person has placed their trust in what Jesus Christ did on the cross.  They can KNOW that they will soon be out of pain, and experiencing an eternity of things that "no eye has seen, and no ear has heard".  We can't even fathom the things He has waiting for us in Heaven.  PRAISE GOD, the LIVING ROCK who we can exalt in our lives every day - yesterday, today, and for all eternity!

As always, you are welcome to save this week's free scripture/word art file to your computer, but are not required to use it in order to play along in our challenges.   We welcome you share your art with us; remembering that Anything Goes as long as it's family-friendly, and uses an encouraging or uplifting sentiment. This includes any type of art (not just limited to cards).  You may link up to five (5) projects each week. The more you enter, the more you increase your odds of winning.  It is our desire that God's Word will be a blessing and encouragement to you each week. If you have any questions about the rules, be sure to read the complete list of rules under our page tab for "Challenge Rules".  Because our ultimate goal is to honor God, we have no other choice but to delete any entries that do not adhere to these guidelines.  Let us know if you have any questions, and thanks for your understanding and participation!
Here's this week's beautiful scripture/word art file.
We hope that it will be a blessing to you.
Here are this week's AMAZING sponsors:
V's Sweet Ideas is offering one lucky person
a $10 Gift Certificate to their lovely shop
filled with sequins, stamps and all sorts of
wonderful crafting supplies.
AND
Our friends at Nice Crane Designs
are offering some of their AWESOME,
unique, vintage and amazing
digital images to a second lucky winner.
Click here to shop Nice Crane Designs

AND NOW......Our Lucky Winners!
The lucky winner of the
$50 Gift Certificate from
is Entry #184 - Cathy Parlitsis
AND
The winner of the $20 gift certificate
from Your Next Stamp is....
Entry #57 - Dorothy S.

We are SO VERY BLESSED by all our sponsors!
We're grateful for each and every one of them, and
we pray for God's blessings on their sweet stores!
Here's a bit of inspiration from our Design Team
Inside View Showing Word Art
Diane Noble
Carole Robb Bisson
Laura Lunsford
JoAnn Atterbury
Karen Letchworth
No Art This Week

28 comments:

Jennifer Scull said...

oh Karen, my prayers are with you and your family. so glad you were able to be there over the weekend. right now everything else can wait while you focus on your precious family. we understand.

sending you hugs and lots of love!

Sandy said...

Karen, I believe I speak for every follower of this blog when I say you and your family are in our hearts and prayers. Your focus is exactly where it should be right now and we all understand how difficult things are for you.

Marsha said...

Lovely post, lovely cards. I started singing this verse as soon as I saw it, so was amused when I saw that Carole had used a piece of musical score on her card.
Praying for you and your family, Karen.

SCarol said...

Wonderful scripture and beautiful post - I love to think about the Lord as my Rock, my Solid Rock. Like you I couldn't get through life without leaning on Him. I pray your Dad is leaning his full weight on that Rock. Blessings

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

Karen, so sorry to hear your news. Take care of yourself and cherish these last days/weeks/months. Kym

Dorothy S said...

Others have said it so well - our thoughts and prayers are with you - we hope you are taking what time you need to share with your dad.
Thank you for choosing my entry, and congrats also to Cathy - her card is just lovely.

Linsey R said...

You will be in my thoughts and prayers also sweet Karen.

The inspiration for this week is so very lovely and the scripture is a gem. Thank you all very much. God bless one and all.

Cathy Parlitsis said...

HOLY COW! WHAT A SURPRISE!!! Woooooo hooooo! Thank you soooooooo much! :-D

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

May the peace of the Lord be with you and your family, Karen! I'll keep you in my prayers. Blessings!

Kanan Pandya said...

Hello Karen my thoughts and prayers are with you. Hugs

Fabulous job by DT as always. Thank you so much for the inspiration. :-)

StampNScrapJunkie said...

Karen, (((hugs))) and prayers.

Karen said...

Karen, you and your loved ones are in my heart and prayers. As you well know, God is our great Comforter and His love will strengthen and help you through this difficult time. We all love you!

Hugs and blessings,
Karen

Kiwi said...

Thank you so much for this lovely scripture word art.I'm glad you are making good memories with your dad while he's still here with you.Isn't it wonderful to know we'll have all eternity with those we love who died in Christ! Like you,I don't know how people cope without Him.Hugs,Ann.xx

peggy aplSEEDS said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you, Karen. May the peace beyond understanding be yours during this difficult time. Hugs, peggy

D- said...

Karen~ You are in my thoughts and prayers. Please take the time you need. Take care of yourself.
Crafty hugs,
D~
DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

MariLynn said...

Karen, praying for you and your family as you go through this time of sadness and suffering. Praying for God's peace and presence. HUGS.

Ginny Maxam said...

Hi Karen, Beautiful Post this morning, thank you for sharing. Many of have walked this path and understand. Family always comes first. You and your family are in my Prayers.
Ginny M

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hullo there, well as usual wonderful work by the DT.. great verse too what treasure it is to know the LORD and feel for you in your dad too Karen..

my dad (Mike - prayer appreciated) is failing too but he does not know the LORD and that is the incredibly hard bit.
Waiting and praying about it all.. thanks again for the blessing of this weekly post .. love Shaz in Oz.xx

SarahGeorge said...

Oh, Karen. May the Lord give you peace and strength as you totally lean on Him the rock and the same grace be with your dad too.
Hugs
Sarah

Unknown said...

Congrats to the winners :) Love all the amazing DT work!! Love Diane's card.. the black and white and those papers.. just gorgeous!!! Love it!! Thanks for another fun challenge!

- Susan
{Scrap A Thousand Words}
Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges

Granmargaret said...

Thank you for sharing. I agree I couldn't get through without God.
Lovely cards by the design team.

Bunny said...

How peaceful it is to know that you will see your Dad again. I wish that I had that peace in my heart about my Mom. Our prayers are with you.

Thank you for the challenge. Beautiful creations.

Mary-Anne V said...

so sorry to hear about your Dad... we will keep him in our prayers and pray for you too to have the strength and comfort during this difficult time.

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Karen, I'm so sorry to read about your dad. May God give you and your family comfort! And thank you so much for sharing your joys...and sorrows so we can pray! Hugs, sweet friend!

Beverley said...

What beautiful cards and great inspirations...you all have my creative juices flowing...can't wait for the next challenge...TFS.

stampin' hugz
Beverley

Bunny said...

I'm down to the wire on this one. Thank you for the verse and the challenge.

suzARTe said...

Karen, I admire the fact that you were still able to do this post with everything going on. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Little C's Creations said...

Lifting you and your family up in prayer, Karen. Aloha, Jen OXOX